Rapid7 Achieves 21 Consecutive Quarters of Record-Breaking Revenue, Hires Leading Security Experts and Opens New Offices around the Globe
- Adds over 500 new customers and partners in first half of 2014.
- Hires talent to support growth in international markets; 168 employees added around the globe and 60 new employees added in Europe and Asia-Pacific.
- Adds offices in Northern Ireland, Korea and Japan, enabling the company to better serve its expanding customer base.
- Adds renowned security experts to increase understanding of emerging threats.
Boston – July 30, 2014 - Over the last six months, Rapid7, a leading provider of security analytics software and services, has seen significant and accelerating growth across all areas of its business. This growth is due to Rapid7's continuing product and service innovation, as well as investments in hiring renowned security experts and international expansion, resulting in the company achieving 21 consecutive quarters of record-breaking revenue.
“Rapid7 is focused on helping customers understand and mitigate extraordinarily complex and evolving threats," said Corey Thomas, president and CEO of Rapid7. "As our global customer base continues to expand, we are investing in the people and product technology required to provide the highest levels of expertise and insight." Highlights for the first half of 2014 include:
Sustained global growth
- Added more than 500 new customers and partners.
- 27% of Fortune 1000 companies now use Rapid7's products to assess network vulnerabilities and mitigate information security risks.
- 53% growth in employees across the globe during the first half of 2014.
International investment to serve customers where they live and work
Since the beginning of 2014, the company opened new offices in Northern Ireland, Korea and Japan, adding sales, engineering and support staff. During this period, the company added over 60 employees to its international workforce.
Today, Rapid7 has 13 offices around the world and is experiencing significant growth in international markets. In the first half, 2014:
- Rapid7's international roster of customers grew 449%.
- The company added over 45 international reseller partners, greatly expanding the network of providers who offer Rapid7 solutions.
Security analytics innovations
Rapid7 added capabilities to its advanced security analytics software and services portfolio. These new innovations enable IT professionals to rapidly take the most effective steps to mitigate risk by:
- Prioritizing threats to align with business objectives.
- Detecting and investigating compromised credentials, social engineering attacks, and suspicious user behavior.
- Assessing the efficacy of security controls.
- Certifying security professionals for their knowledge of Nexpose and Metasploit.
In addition to continually working to enhance its own array of products and services, Rapid7 also works closely with industry leaders to develop integrated solutions that combine product strengths. Rapid7 announced new integrations with:
- Splunk – offering a dashboard application that provides enhanced visualization for security vulnerability risk data.
- ServiceNow – improving the workflow between security stakeholders and IT teams and speeding action to reduce risk by automating the assignment of vulnerability remediation tasks.
Industry-leading research and security community support
In 2014 Rapid7 is adding more security expertise to further increase its ability to serve its customers:
- Josh Feinblum: Josh leads Rapid7's security team as vice president of Information Security, focused on continually improving the company's ability to manage risk and protect assets (bio).
- Trey Ford: as Rapid7's global security strategist, Trey is focused on advocating for the security community to provide a better understanding of threats, and educating businesses and consumers on how to protect themselves (bio).
- Nicholas J. Percoco: as vice president of strategic services at Rapid7, Nicholas is building a brand new team dedicated to helping customers harness the insight of Rapid7's unparalleled security data and analytics offerings (bio).
- Jay Radcliffe: as part of the assessment services team, Jay helps organizations understand how they are at risk, and take appropriate action. He is also committed to conducting independent research to identify widespread threats (bio).
- These Rapid7 thought leaders will be sharing their security research and expertise at several key conferences domestically and internationally including Black Hat, VMworld, and the European Banking Forum.
Rapid7 continues to receive widespread industry recognition for the quality of its products and caliber of its customer service organization:
- SC Magazine Awards 2014: Best Vulnerability Management Solution (more).
- Silver Stevie award for Best Frontline Customer Service Team (more).
- Frost & Sullivan's 2013 Global Vulnerability Management Market Penetration Leadership award (more).
- One of the Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work (more).
Customer portfolio expansion
In the first half of 2014, Rapid7 added more than 500 customers and partners across government, technology, healthcare, banking, travel and hospitality, and other industries. New customers include Cirrus Logic, Inc., a premier supplier of high-precision analog and digital signal processing components for audio and energy markets, Harvard Business School, the graduate business school of Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts, Liberty Global, the world's largest international cable company, State of Texas Department of Information Resources, which provides statewide leadership and oversight for management of government information and communications technology, TD Banknorth Inc, one of the 10 largest banks in the US, and Unisys, a worldwide information technology company.
Rapid7's IT security data and analytics solutions collect, contextualize and analyze the security data you need to fight an increasingly deceptive and pervasive adversary. Unlike traditional vulnerability assessment or incident management, Rapid7 solutions uniquely provide insight into the security state of your assets and users across virtual, mobile, private and public cloud networks. They enable you to fully manage your risk, simplify compliance, and identify, investigate and stop threats faster. Our threat intelligence, informed by members of the Metasploit open source community and the industry-leading Rapid7 Labs, provides relevant context, real-time updates and prioritized risk. Our solutions are used by more than 25% of the Fortune 1000 and nearly 3,000 enterprise, government and small business organizations across 78 countries. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.