APSB10-21: Security updates available for Adobe Reader and Acrobat (CVE-2010-2883)
|9||(AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:C/I:C/A:C)||September 09, 2010||April 12, 2012||August 22, 2013|
Stack-based buffer overflow in CoolType.dll in Adobe Reader and Acrobat 9.x before 9.4, and 8.x before 8.2.5 on Windows and Mac OS X, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (application crash) via a PDF document with a long field in a Smart INdependent Glyphlets (SING) table in a TTF font, as exploited in the wild in September 2010. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
- CERT: http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA10-279A.html
- CERT: VN-http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/491991
- OVAL: http://oval.mitre.org/oval/definitions/data/OVAL11586.html
- REDHAT: http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2010-0743.html
- SECUNIA: http://secunia.com/advisories/41340/
- SECUNIA: http://secunia.com/advisories/43025/
- SUSE: http://www.novell.com/linux/security/advisories.html
- URL: http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb10-21.html
- XF: http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/61635
- Acrobat >= 8 and < 8.2.5
Upgrade to Adobe Acrobat/Reader version 8.2.5
It is recommended that you upgrade to Adobe Acrobat/Reader 8.2.5 or later. In the Help menu, select the 'Check for Updates...' option.
- Acrobat >= 9 and < 9.4.0
Upgrade to Adobe Acrobat/Reader version 9.4.0
It is recommended that you upgrade to Adobe Acrobat/Reader 9.4.0 or later. In the Help menu, select the 'Check for Updates...' option.