OS X update for X11 (CVE-2010-0205)
|8||(AV:N/AC:L/Au:N/C:N/I:N/A:C)||March 02, 2010||December 15, 2011||August 27, 2013|
The png_decompress_chunk function in pngrutil.c in libpng 1.0.x before 1.0.53, 1.2.x before 1.2.43, and 1.4.x before 1.4.1 does not properly handle compressed ancillary-chunk data that has a disproportionately large uncompressed representation, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory and CPU consumption, and application hang) via a crafted PNG file, as demonstrated by use of the deflate compression method on data composed of many occurrences of the same character, related to a "decompression bomb" attack.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
- VMware Player: Third party libpng updated to version 1.2.44 (VMSA-2010-0014) (CVE-2010-0205)
- VMware Workstation: Third party libpng updated to version 1.2.44 (VMSA-2010-0014) (CVE-2010-0205)
- ELSA-2012-0317 Important: Oracle Linux 6 libpng security update
- SUSE Linux Security Advisory: SUSE-SR:2010:012
- ELSA-2010-0534 Important: Enterprise Linux 4 libpng security update
- SUSE Linux Security Advisory: SUSE-SR:2010:011
- USN-913-1: libpng vulnerabilities
- RHSA-2010:0534: libpng security update
- CESA-2010:0534: libpng security update
- SUSE Linux Security Advisory: SUSE-SR:2010:013
- FreeBSD: png -- libpng decompression denial of service (CVE-2010-0205)