Oracle Security Alert: Java Runtime Environment Beans vulnerability (CVE-2012-4681)
|10||(AV:N/AC:L/Au:N/C:C/I:C/A:C)||August 27, 2012||August 31, 2012||April 22, 2013|
Multiple vulnerabilities in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) component in Oracle Java SE 7 Update 6 and earlier allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted applet that bypasses SecurityManager restrictions by (1) using com.sun.beans.finder.ClassFinder.findClass and leveraging an exception with the forName method to access restricted classes from arbitrary packages such as sun.awt.SunToolkit, then (2) using "reflection with a trusted immediate caller" to leverage the getField method to access and modify private fields, as exploited in the wild in August 2012 using Gondzz.class and Gondvv.class.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
Oracle JRE >= 188.8.131.52 and < 184.108.40.206
Upgrade to Oracle Java version 220.127.116.11
Upgrade your copy of the Java Runtime Environment to 18.104.22.168, which can be downloaded from here.
- CESA-2012:1223: java-1.7.0-openjdk security update
- ELSA-2012-1223 Important: Oracle Linux 6 java-1.7.0-openjdk security update
- RHSA-2012:1223: java-1.7.0-openjdk security update
- RHSA-2012:1225: java-1.7.0-oracle security update
- RHSA-2012:1289: java-1.7.0-ibm security update
- SUSE Linux Security Advisory: SUSE-SU-2012:1154-1
- SUSE Linux Security Advisory: SUSE-SU-2012:1231-1
- SUSE Linux Security Advisory: SUSE-SU-2012:1398-1