RHSA-2013:0156: java-1.7.0-oracle security update
|10||(AV:N/AC:L/Au:N/C:C/I:C/A:C)||January 09, 2013||January 17, 2013||March 02, 2013|
Updated java-1.7.0-oracle packages that fix two security issues are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6 Supplementary. The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having critical security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base scores, which give detailed severity ratings, are available for each vulnerability from the CVE links in the References section.
Oracle Java SE version 7 includes the Oracle Java Runtime Environment and the Oracle Java Software Development Kit. This update fixes two vulnerabilities in the Oracle Java Runtime Environment and the Oracle Java Software Development Kit. Further information about these flaws can be found on the Oracle Security Alert page, listed in the References section. (CVE-2012-3174, CVE-2013-0422) Red Hat is aware that a public exploit for CVE-2013-0422 is available that executes code without user interaction when a user visits a malicious web page using a browser with the Oracle Java 7 web browser plug-in enabled. All users of java-1.7.0-oracle are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which provide Oracle Java 7 Update 11 and resolve these issues. All running instances of Oracle Java must be restarted for the update to take effect.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
- SUSE Linux Security Advisory: SUSE-SU-2013:0199-1
- RHSA-2013:0626: java-1.7.0-ibm security update
- CESA-2013:0165: java-1.7.0-openjdk security update
- RHSA-2013:0165: java-1.7.0-openjdk security update
- Oracle Security Alert: Java Runtime Environment Libraries vulnerability (CVE-2012-3174)
- USN-1693-1: OpenJDK 7 vulnerabilities
- Amazon Linux AMI: Security patch for java-1.7.0-openjdk (ALAS-2013-151) (CVE-2012-3174)
- SUSE Linux Security Vulnerability: CVE-2012-3174
- SUSE Linux Security Advisory: SUSE-SU-2013:0440-1
- SUSE Linux Security Vulnerability: CVE-2013-0422
- ELSA-2013-0165 Important: Oracle Linux 6 java-1.7.0-openjdk security update
- Oracle Security Alert: Java Runtime Environment Libraries vulnerability (CVE-2013-0422)