RHSA-2013:0165: java-1.7.0-openjdk security update
|10||(AV:N/AC:L/Au:N/C:C/I:C/A:C)||January 09, 2013||January 17, 2013||March 07, 2013|
Updated java-1.7.0-openjdk packages that fix two security issues are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6. The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having important security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base scores, which give detailed severity ratings, are available for each vulnerability from the CVE links in the References section.
These packages provide the OpenJDK 7 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 7 Software Development Kit. Two improper permission check issues were discovered in the reflection API in OpenJDK. An untrusted Java application or applet could use these flaws to bypass Java sandbox restrictions. (CVE-2012-3174, CVE-2013-0422) This erratum also upgrades the OpenJDK package to IcedTea7 2.3.4. Refer to the NEWS file, linked to in the References, for further information. All users of java-1.7.0-openjdk are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which resolve these issues. All running instances of OpenJDK Java must be restarted for the update to take effect.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
- Amazon Linux AMI: java-1.7.0-openjdk Security Update - Remote Attack Vulnerability (ALAS-2013-151) (CVE-2012-3174)
- SUSE Linux Security Advisory: SUSE-SU-2013:0199-1
- RHSA-2013:0156: java-1.7.0-oracle security update
- RHSA-2013:0626: java-1.7.0-ibm security update
- SUSE Linux Security Advisory: SUSE-SU-2013:0440-1
- CESA-2013:0165: java-1.7.0-openjdk security update
- Oracle Security Alert: Java Runtime Environment Libraries vulnerability (CVE-2012-3174)
- ELSA-2013-0165 Important: Oracle Linux 6 java-1.7.0-openjdk security update
- Oracle Security Alert: Java Runtime Environment Libraries vulnerability (CVE-2013-0422)
- USN-1693-1: OpenJDK 7 vulnerabilities