So what happened during this year ?
We added some features to enhance your analyses such as:
- arm support to analyze binaries/shared libraries
- the possibility to have a graphical view of the application you are working on,
- the support of sessions, so that you can save / restore the state of your analysis. Also, annotations of methods/instructions are supported ! (You can share a commented analysis with your colleagues)
- the ability to rename classes, methods, fields of an application. It can be useful when you deal with an obfuscated sample and you want to "clean the code" a little.
- the support of diffing/similarity tools for android applications
We also improved the support of the AXML format and added the support of the ARSC format.
We built the DAD (DAD is A Decompiler) decompiler, which works with the dex bytecode and does not use a third party tool such as Dex2jar. It can be used with the interactive shell / the sublime text GUI or as a stand alone app.
We have also provided a plugin to have a GUI built on the Sublime Text editor:
Some other changes were done such as the algorithm used to parse a dex file, the possibility to start the disassembly at a specified offset on a file.
Thanks to Rapid7 and their Magnificent7 program. We really appreciate to see a company support open-source security software !
The Androguard team