Last updated at Mon, 24 Jul 2017 13:39:56 GMT
Today we are pleased to announce the release of ControlsInsight 2.3. The new release provides better user management and visual improvements to the Web interface.
We often hear from customers that they would like to provide ControlsInsight access to key members of their security team without also giving them administrative access to Nexpose. Now, with the release of ControlsInsight 2.3, a Nexpose Global Administrator can create accounts with the role ControlsInsight User. With this role users can get the critical controls assessment and trends information they need as well as the ability to create reports, without accessing sensitive administrative operations in Nexpose. This improves the overall security of Nexpose and ControlsInsight and simplifies navigation for users who do not need to access Nexpose, while adding additional role based access flexibility.
We have also made a number of improvements to the Web interface and reports:
- The details page for each asset now includes the most recent scan date, allowing you to determine how fresh and timely the assessment is.
- You can now quickly see how many at-risk assets are included in your assessment by viewing the number on the Assets tab of the Threats panel.
- The Status tab and the Executive Report now clearly indicate that scores are based on a 10-point scale.
- ControlsInsight now displays a message when no assets are selected, so that you can quickly take action to select assets for your assessment.
- For the Controls page of the Management panel, the browser navigation bar matches the page title for better clarity.
- Single-digit numerals at the top of the Executive Report are no longer preceded with zeroes, making them easier to read.