Last updated at Thu, 08 Apr 2021 16:03:41 GMT
Episode 25 not only means Security Nation is old enough to rent a car, but it also brings Joel Cardella and Wade Woolwine back onto the podcast ... together! The topic was security operations centers (SOC)—not simply what they are, but how to build one, how to know when you need one, and how to measure overall success. Kyle talked with Joel and Wade about all this and more, including:
- Understanding what you actually need from a SOC before even moving forward.
- The key to communication, both from people you are hiring and the end user ... AKA, ask what you don't know!
- Joel lives on the Island of Misfit Toys and Wade doesn't know what that means. #kidsthesedays
- Translating biz speak into security practice, and how it can actually be done.
- How to remove chaos from your security practice to minimize overall risk.