Software Engineer I (Integrations)
Rapid7 MissionSecurity operations teams are underserved. Impactful outcomes are few and far between and cost more than expected. Hundreds of security vendors build solutions for 1% of companies who have 10x more of everything, yet still get breached. The security gap grows wider daily; security operations teams deserve better.
At Rapid7, we can close the gap by serving customers intentionally. We choose to believe:
• The status quo maintains the gap, so we challenge convention
• Every company is unique - we deliver extensible, adaptable solutions enabling the outcomes matching the customer's needs
• There is strength in numbers, so we provide tools to security, IT, compliance and business partners to make an impact together
• Security needs champions, so we advocate for security within corporations, governments and beyond
• Attackers are relentless, so our job is never done
If you are looking for an opportunity to drive tremendous impact in a growing market through an emerging Security, Orchestration, Automation and Response product called InsightConnect, help our customers achieve success in increasing their operational efficiency through automation, and grow an integral part of Rapid7's security operations platform and overall expansion strategy, this could be the role for you!
You will be working with teams focused on
• Making automation available within InsightConnect intuitive and accessible across the Rapid7 platform.
• Building and maintaining extensible and scalable automation components and platform services that can be leveraged by both InsightConnect and other Rapid7 Platform products.
• Working cross functionally with multiple stakeholders and teams to deliver the best experience possible for the customer.
• Helping shape and defining our standards and best practices as they evolve within our team.
As a Software Engineer I, you will be working on a fast-paced team with lots of customer interaction. You'll have the opportunity to not only develop end-to-end security solutions to meet customer needs, but also to work with and interact with those customers in real time. Our customers all use diverse sets of tools and services to operate their SOCs, giving you the opportunity to learn them all as we develop for them to help our customers close the security achievement gap.
In addition to helping customers, you'll also have the ability to work on and contribute to open source tools and projects! In fact - nearly all of our software projects are open source!
• Focused on building and shipping software solutions that solve problems for our customers
• Comfortable working on a wide variety of challenges and projects
• Ability to follow software development best practices to ensure high quality
• Help lead research and development efforts to ensure continual innovation and scalability across our product
• Willingness to learn, and to teach. Everyone brings something new to the team.
• Grab a shovel mentality and focus on making impact together as a team
• Attitude to thrive in a high-growth, evolving environment
• Grit - Persistent in the face of roadblocks and challenges
• Resiliency - Ability to partner with others and drive toward solutions with minimal to no oversight
• Excellent creative problem solving ability.
• Ability to work with senior engineers to plan and execute on projects.
• Great communication skills within and outside of the team.
• Great attention to detail and writing abilities.
• Experience with Python applications preferred.
• Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, Flask, and other related technologies is a plus.
• Jenkins (Groovy) & GitHub Actions
• Linux (Debian, Alpine)