Senior Product Manager - SOAR
Location: Rapid7 Tampa Office
Rapid7 (Nasdaq: RPD) is advancing security with visibility, analytics, and automation delivered through our Insight cloud. Our solutions simplify the complex, allowing security teams to work more effectively with IT and development to reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. Over 9,300 customers rely on Rapid7 technology, services, and research to improve security outcomes and securely advance their organization. For more information, visit our website, check out our blog, or follow us on LinkedIn.
At Rapid7, we believe that Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) capabilities need to be accessible for every security team to stay ahead of the ever changing threat landscape. We are looking for a customer-focused, detail-oriented, data-passionate senior product manager to join our SOAR team and help drive this mission forward.
In this role, you will be working with a high-performing, innovative team of designers, engineers, product managers, and customer-facing leaders. You will focus on the intersection between automation and overall security event management by defining how team collaboration, event tracking, data aggregation, and task management fits within Rapid7's SOAR solution and across our Security Platform.
On a day-to-day basis you will be working closely with our customers and across engineering development teams to understand, design, and deliver new product capabilities that solve real world user problems.
● Develop and execute on a short, medium and long term strategy for SOAR capabilities and services that align customer, product, technology and business outcomes.
● Drive innovation in areas including customer adoption and growth, community engagement, automation adoption, security workflow development, and response operations.
● Obsess over the current and future needs of security teams.
● Partner with Engineering and UX to develop product vision and roadmap.
● Drive GTM partners on strategy and positioning to maximize market impact.
● Advocate for vision and approach across internal and external audiences.
● Create a strategic view fueled by research, business case thinking, portfolio management targets, market dynamics and prioritization.
Previous experience as a product manager, product engineer or both is highly valued, but if you have solid cybersecurity domain knowledge (having previously worked as a security practitioner, technical account manager, sales engineer, or similar role), experience in the software industry, AND you are well organized, extremely customer oriented, and really looking for a challenge as you grow to the next level -- this might be the perfect role for you.
● 5+ years of experience as a product manager of a software product
● BS or BA degree or equivalent work experience (computer science background is a plus)
● Highly organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-focused to create, manage, and drive the product roadmap.
● Understanding of multiple security domains as well as security team collaboration tendencies.
● Solid analytical and decision-making skills to prioritize activities, issues, and business use in a fast-moving continuous delivery environment.
● Solid presentation and communication skills to drive team alignment and build cross-functional relationships.
● Some travel may be required to Rapid7 offices to work with UX, Dev, and Security Practitioner partners, as well as some industry conferences.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Rapid7, we fundamentally believe that every person deserves an equal opportunity to build an exceptional career! We embrace our similarities, celebrate our differences and firmly believe that EVERYONE has the right to be treated with respect and dignity. We have a ZERO tolerance policy for discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. More importantly though, we just fundamentally believe it's the right way to build a business and healthy community. We pride ourselves on our unique culture and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion--it is the stitch that holds the fabric of our culture together!