Do you love solving complex problems with technology? Rapid7 are looking for accomplished engineers with a proven track record of delivery to join our Belfast office to help build our cloud based product portfolio.
The cool stuff up front!
We know this is the section you scroll to looking for the tech you'll be using! The good news is that you'll be the owner of your technical solutions, so it's entirely up to you to use the best tool for the job.
Our current tech stack consists of, but is not limited to:
AWS (core services include EC2, SQS/SNS, EKS, S3, RDS, ElasticSearch, ElasticCache, Lambda)
Java (frameworks include Spring, boot, hibernate, security)
CI/CD (GitHub, Jenkins, Spinnaker )
Docker & Kubernetes
What's the mission?
Rapid7's Platform Services team is responsible for delivering the foundations for all of Rapid7s cloud-based products on the Insight Platform. As part of Unified Data, our microservice architecture is designed to deliver a secure, reliable and resilient platform for both our Customers to use and for our Products to build on. We are focussed on helping our customers seamlessly manage their products and users as effectively and efficiently as possible, and helping products secure and deliver experiences, and build on the latest technologies to achieve this.
What you'll do
As a Lead Engineer in Unified Data, you'll be solving the complex problems around bringing together different functions across Rapid7 to help customers close their security achievement gap. You will be joining our highly motivated team, and help take them to the next level. As a technical leader, you will be passionate about mentoring junior engineers through example and experience, whilst delivering value through continuous delivery of software in an agile environment, and using innovative solutions to solve some very challenging problems.
You will collaborate with product managers, UX teams and fellow engineers to help enhance and add to the Platform Service's capabilities. Mentor junior members of the team and provide guidance
Getting involved with new and emerging technologies, solving problems that haven't been solved before
Actively engage in overall quality engineering through TDD, integration testing and code reviews; you will set the standards!
Work with the wider engineering and product teams to diagnose and solve customer problems or challenges
Do it all! You'll help build, run and own a green field platform solving some challenging customer problems.
● We focus on cross-functional team collaboration where engineers, product managers,
and designers all work together to solve customer problems and build exciting features.
● We love new ideas and are eager to see what your experiences can bring to help
influence our technical and product vision.
● Although the product is owned and operated from Belfast, Rapid7 is a global company with stakeholders across the US. Frequent communication is key!
What You Should Bring
● Collaborate with others; this team will need open and consistent communication with
other product teams and functional areas across the wider organization.
● Be excited to mentor; look to make those on the team better and always spread your
knowledge and expertise
● Help drive visibility through metrics to ensure we are investing in the right places
● An interest in learning new tools, languages, and a growing number of cloud services;
we want to use the best tools for a problem while making our team as effective as
What's in it for You?
● Work with a talented and supportive team while helping to lead new initiatives
● Opportunity to be a technical lead and mentor in a fast-paced environment and industry
● Work with cutting edge technologies
● Have the ability to partner and integrate with product teams across the entire company
● Contribute to all parts of the platform architecture from design to deployment
● Be given the time to learn and influence; we want engineers that are looking to broaden
their skill set while looking to mentor others
● Build brand new features, components, and web services from the ground up with an
emphasis on reuse and embeddability
● Be part of a growing company where you can have immense impact in all that you and
your team delivers