INCIDENT DETECTION & RESPONSE
Community is important to us. Whether it's the security, open source or local community, we want to help make it stronger. Here are some of the ways that we get involved, support and give back
We support the Security Community by:
- Educating: We offer regular free training, hire interns and host our annual UNITED Security Summit.
- Collaborating: We sponsor industry events (RSA, B-Sides, Black Hat and others) and support industry bodies (OWASP, ISACA, ISSA, B-Sides, the Cloud Security Alliance and the PCI Council). Donating: We contribute to industry charities like Hackers for Charity.
- Enabling: We enable university courses through free enterprise-grade software licenses, trainings and certifications, and instructions and virtual machines for setting up a teaching lab.
We support the Open Source Community by:
- Building: We're proud to have grown the Metasploit community to 175,000+ active users and contributors.
- Mentoring: We support fledgling open source projects Ghost, Buttinsky and Androguard providing promotional and strategic business guidance, as well as financial support to help them get off the ground.
- Backing: As part of our Magnificent7 program, we're also supporting more established open source projects such as John the Ripper and Cuckoo Sandbox to help them achieve their next development goals.
We support the Local Community by:
- Donating: We give software licenses to local schools and charities.
- Sponsoring: We support teams in cyber security challenges and competitions all over the country.
- Supporting: We contribute our time and resources to local and national charity efforts such as fun runs and walks, soup kitchens and Movember.