Amazon Linux AMI: Security patch for bind (ALAS-2013-158) (CVE-2012-5689)
|7||(AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:N/I:N/A:C)||September 14, 2012||February 28, 2014||July 04, 2017|
ISC BIND 9.8.x through 9.8.4-P1 and 9.9.x through 9.9.2-P1, in certain configurations involving DNS64 with a Response Policy Zone that lacks an AAAA rewrite rule, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (assertion failure and named daemon exit) via a query for an AAAA record.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
- ELSA-2013-0550 Moderate: Oracle Linux bind security and enhancement update
- Gentoo Linux: CVE-2012-5689: BIND: Denial of Service
- Vulnerabilities deemed not relevant on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- ISC BIND: BIND 9 with DNS64 enabled can unexpectedly terminate when resolving domains in RPZ (CVE-2012-5689)
- USN-2693-1: Bind vulnerabilities
- Vulnerabilities deemed not relevant on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- RHSA-2013:0550: bind security and enhancement update
- ELSA-2014-0043 Moderate: Oracle Linux bind security update