An Improper Release of Memory Before Removing Last Reference vulnerability in Packet Forwarding Engine (PFE) of Juniper Networks Junos OS allows a local, low privileged attacker to cause an FPC crash, leading to Denial of Service (DoS).
On all Junos MX Series with MPC1 - MPC9, LC480, LC2101, MX10003, and MX80, when Connectivity-Fault-Management (CFM) is enabled in a VPLS scenario, and a specific LDP related command is run, an FPC will crash and reboot. Continued execution of this specific LDP command can lead to sustained Denial of Service condition.
This issue affects:
Juniper Networks Junos OS on MX Series:
* All versions prior to 20.4R3-S7;
* 21.1 versions prior to 21.1R3-S5;
* 21.2 versions prior to 21.2R3-S4;
* 21.3 versions prior to 21.3R3-S4;
* 21.4 versions prior to 21.4R3-S3;
* 22.1 versions prior to 22.1R3-S1;
* 22.2 versions prior to 22.2R2-S1, 22.2R3;
* 22.3 versions prior to 22.3R1-S2, 22.3R2.