RHSA-2014:0866: samba and samba3x security update
|3||(AV:A/AC:L/Au:N/C:N/I:N/A:P)||June 22, 2014||July 09, 2014||July 03, 2017|
Samba is an open-source implementation of the Server Message Block (SMB) orCommon Internet File System (CIFS) protocol, which allows PC-compatiblemachines to share files, printers, and other information.A denial of service flaw was found in the way the sys_recvfile() functionof nmbd, the NetBIOS message block daemon, processed non-blocking sockets.An attacker could send a specially crafted packet that, when processed,would cause nmbd to enter an infinite loop and consume an excessive amountof CPU time. (CVE-2014-0244)It was discovered that smbd, the Samba file server daemon, did not properlyhandle certain files that were stored on the disk and used a valid Unicodecharacter in the file name. An attacker able to send an authenticatednon-Unicode request that attempted to read such a file could cause smbd tocrash. (CVE-2014-3493)Red Hat would like to thank Daniel Berteaud of FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL forreporting CVE-2014-0244, and the Samba project for reporting CVE-2014-3493.The Samba project acknowledges Simon Arlott as the original reporter ofCVE-2014-3493.All Samba users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, whichcontain backported patches to correct these issues. After installing thisupdate, the smb service will be restarted automatically.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
- Gentoo Linux: CVE-2014-0244: Samba: Multiple vulnerabilities
- Oracle Solaris 11: CVE-2014-3493: Vulnerability in Samba
- ELSA-2014-1009 Important: Oracle Linux samba4 security update
- DSA-2966-1 samba -- security update
- Alpine Linux: CVE-2014-0244: samba remote information leak and DoS
- ELSA-2014-0866 Moderate: Oracle Linux samba and samba3x security update
- Samba CVE-2014-3493: Denial of service - CPU loop, Denial of service - Server crash/memory corruption.
- Vulnerabilities deemed not relevant on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Sun Patch: SunOS 5.10_x86: Samba patch
- Sun Patch: SunOS 5.10: Samba patch
- Gentoo Linux: CVE-2014-3493: Samba: Multiple vulnerabilities
- FreeBSD: samba -- multiple vulnerabilities (Multiple CVEs)
- Alpine Linux: CVE-2014-3493: samba remote information leak and DoS
- RHSA-2014:1009: samba4 security update
- USN-2257-1: Samba vulnerabilities
- Oracle Solaris 11: CVE-2014-0244: Vulnerability in Samba
- Samba CVE-2014-0244: Denial of service - CPU loop, Denial of service - Server crash/memory corruption.
- ELSA-2014-0867 Moderate: Oracle Linux samba security update
- RHSA-2014:0867: samba security update