Oracle MySQL Vulnerability: CVE-2012-2122
|5||(AV:N/AC:H/Au:N/C:P/I:P/A:P)||June 25, 2012||August 25, 2012||February 12, 2015|
sql/password.c in Oracle MySQL 5.1.x before 5.1.63, 5.5.x before 5.5.24, and 5.6.x before 5.6.6, and MariaDB 5.1.x before 5.1.62, 5.2.x before 5.2.12, 5.3.x before 5.3.6, and 5.5.x before 5.5.23, when running in certain environments with certain implementations of the memcmp function, allows remote attackers to bypass authentication by repeatedly authenticating with the same incorrect password, which eventually causes a token comparison to succeed due to an improperly-checked return value.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
- Amazon Linux AMI: Security patch for mysql55 (ALAS-2012-93) (CVE-2012-2122)
- ELSA-2013-0180 Important: Oracle Linux mysql security update
- SUSE Linux Security Vulnerability: CVE-2012-2122
- DSA-2496-1 mysql-5.1 -- several vulnerabilities
- USN-1467-1: MySQL vulnerabilities
- SUSE Linux Security Advisory: SUSE-SU-2012:0984-1