SUSE Linux Security Vulnerability: CVE-2012-4681
|10||(AV:N/AC:L/Au:N/C:C/I:C/A:C)||August 26, 2012||February 16, 2015||November 17, 2015|
Multiple vulnerabilities in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) component in Oracle Java SE 7 Update 6 and earlier allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted applet that bypasses SecurityManager restrictions by (1) using com.sun.beans.finder.ClassFinder.findClass and leveraging an exception with the forName method to access restricted classes from arbitrary packages such as sun.awt.SunToolkit, then (2) using "reflection with a trusted immediate caller" to leverage the getField method to access and modify private fields, as exploited in the wild in August 2012 using Gondzz.class and Gondvv.class.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
- ELSA-2012-1223 Important: Oracle Linux java-1.7.0-openjdk security update
- RHSA-2012:1289: java-1.7.0-ibm security update
- Vulnerabilities deemed not relevant on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- RHSA-2012:1223: java-1.7.0-openjdk security update
- Oracle Security Alert: Java Runtime Environment Beans vulnerability (CVE-2012-4681)
- FreeBSD: Java 1.7 -- security manager bypass (CVE-2012-4681)
- Vulnerabilities deemed not relevant on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- RHSA-2012:1225: java-1.7.0-oracle security update