Ubuntu: (Multiple Advisories) (CVE-2015-5299): Samba regression
|5||(AV:N/AC:L/Au:N/C:P/I:N/A:N)||December 29, 2015||February 02, 2016||April 25, 2018|
The shadow_copy2_get_shadow_copy_data function in modules/vfs_shadow_copy2.c in Samba 3.x and 4.x before 4.1.22, 4.2.x before 4.2.7, and 4.3.x before 4.3.3 does not verify that the DIRECTORY_LIST access right has been granted, which allows remote attackers to access snapshots by visiting a shadow copy directory.
Scan For This Vulnerability
Use our top-rated tool to discover, prioritize, and remediate your vulnerabilities
- Oracle Solaris 11: CVE-2015-5299: Vulnerability in Samba
- SUSE: CVE-2015-5299: SUSE Linux Security Advisory
- Gentoo Linux: CVE-2015-5299: Samba: Multiple vulnerabilities
- Alpine Linux: CVE-2015-5299: samba Several vulnerabilities
- CentOS: (CVE-2015-5299) (Multiple Advisories): samba
- Debian: CVE-2015-5299: samba -- security update
- Samba CVE-2015-5299: Numerous CVEs. Please see the announcements for details.