März 30, 2015
Rapid7, a leading provider of security data and analytics software and services, closes out 2014 as a successful year for the Company. With robust portfolio expansion, product advancements and key additions to the leadership team, Rapid7 continued to deliver value to its customers and community.
Highlights from 2014 include:
Continued Customer Portfolio Expansion
Rapid7 continued to be the trusted choice of security teams at organizations of all sizes across the globe. The Company added approximately 1000 new customers in 2014, with strong diversity across industries. New Fortune 1000 customers included Armstrong World Industries, Inc., BMC Software Inc., and Western Refining, Inc. As part of its continued international growth, the Company added more than 250 new international customers in 2014, including LG Electronics, Fujitsu, Sky Deutschland, and Novartis International AG Switzerland.
Solutions Innovation and Advancements
With a commitment to community leadership and superior customer service, Rapid7 pushed new boundaries in 2014 with multiple enhancements to the products and services that drive customer value.
- Threat Exposure Management: Rapid7 Nexpose Ultimate, delivered in the fourth quarter provides security and IT with guidance on the most impactful vulnerabilities to remediate and the most significant controls to implement, fully validated with built-in, automated security testing. SC Magazine awarded this new product 5 Stars across every criteria and named it "best buy" in its evaluation of vulnerability management solutions.
- Incident detection and response: Rapid7 UserInsight was launched to help customers detect attacks as they happen, so they can dramatically shorten their time to respond, investigate, and remediate a breach. With visibility from the endpoint to the cloud, and its proprietary intruder analytics, UserInsight uncovers hard to detect attacker techniques such as the use of compromised credentials and lateral movement within the network.
- Security Advisory Services: In a continuous effort to lead the security community through knowledge sharing and collaboration, Rapid7 launched a new Global Strategic Services Practice, led by Nicholas Peroco, to help executives and security teams stay ahead of the growing attack landscape. The Cyber Security Program Development service announced in Q4 is the first offering of the practice, encouraging more relevant, actionable and sustainable threat assessment.
Industry-Leading Research and Security Community Support
Rapid7 is strongly committed to supporting the information security community, which it does through a range of activities, with a strong emphasis on education and awareness of threats.
- The Metasploit Project - designed to level the playing field between attackers and defenders, this is one of the most active open source projects in the security space, ranked in the top 1% of most active projects on GitHub, a popular open source sharing site. In 2014, we averaged adding at least one new exploit every day, including for the Heartbleed, Shellshock and a number of Android vulnerabilities.
- "Real-Time Roadshows" - throughout the year, Rapid7 toured the US, offering technical guidance and insights for mitigating threats to IT professionals through free full-day seminars. 97% of surveyed attendees said they would recommend the event to their peers.
- Project Sonar - this is an ongoing security research project dedicated to active analysis and research of public networks. The raw data from the project is made available so security professionals can apply findings to their own environments to strengthen their security programs.
- Certification programs - professional certification programs were introduced for Nexpose administrators and Metasploit Pro specialists. Almost 450 Rapid7 customers have taken the certifications since their launch in Q2 last year.
- Recog - this project, launched in 2014, is a collaboration between the Rapid7 Labs and engineering teams, and provides an open source database of operating system and network service fingerprints.
Partnerships with Industry Leaders
In addition to enhancing its own solutions portfolio, Rapid7 established key partnerships with technology vendors to ensure the continued evolution of its threat exposure management and incident detection and response offerings:
- Added 28 new technology integration partnerships to support Nexpose, UserInsight or Metasploit. Currently have more than 40 technology integrations across the portfolio.
- VMware NSX Server: Rapid7 announced their partnership with VMware, operating with the VMware NSX network virtualization platform to improve business agility and efficiency for customers and provide insight into advanced threats in virtualized environments.
- UserInsight integrations with FireEye Threat Analytics Platform (TAP)™ and HP ArcSight ESM: In an effort to meet their customer's evolving needs, Rapid7 established partnerships with both FireEye and HP through integration of UserInsight. The integrated solution adds user and account analysis to FireEye's TAP's hosted incident response platform to augment the detection of advanced attacks and insider threats. With HP ArcSight ESM, customers can detect, investigate, and respond to security threats targeting a company's users more quickly and effectively.
Global Company Expansion
Increased international presence and leadership expansion remains a priority for Rapid7. Some major developments in 2014 included:
- Established an Innovation Center in Belfast, Northern Ireland, focused on designing, building, testing and releasing both on-premise software and cloud-based services.
- Continued growth of Rapid7's International partner community, including the appointment of NetXactics as the primary distributor in sub-Saharan Africa. The company also signed distribution agreements in India (Inflow), China (Anlo) and key reseller agreements in South Asia, Australia, UK and Germany, and continued to add sales, technical and consulting resources in these regions to support partners and customers.
- Increased leadership in Japan, with a 50% increase in size of the Rapid7 team over the last 4 months.
- Executive leadership with the addition of Wim Remes, Manager of Strategic Service EMEA
Awards & Industry Recognition
Rapid7 has built a reputation for excellence, which is reflected in industry awards and leading analyst validation, including:
Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 3,500 organizations across 78 countries, including 30% of the Fortune 1000. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.