Dezember 1, 2014
Rapid7, a leading provider of security analytics software and services, today announced that it achieved the highest revenue for a single quarter in the company's history during the third quarter of 2014. The company's success is attributed to its continued delivery of pioneering solutions and service innovations, accelerated international growth, and community leadership, education, and support.
Highlights from the third quarter of 2014 include:
Customer Portfolio Expansion
Rapid7 continued to be the trusted choice of security teams at organizations of all sizes across the globe. The company added hundreds of new customers across a number of vertical markets. Rapid7 also continued its impressive growth in the enterprise market by adding more Fortune 1000 customers including BMC Software Inc., Energy Future Holdings, Magellan Health, Maxim Integrated Products Inc., MeadWestvaco Corporation, Kiewit Corporation, and Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. New international customers included Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., OSRAM, Brisbane City Council, and Sterling Bank PLC.
Industry-Leading Research and Security Community Support
Rapid7 continued to make significant contributions to the security community in Q3 by releasing timely research about vulnerabilities and emerging threats, introducing new open-source security projects and providing technical expertise to organizations' executives and internal IT teams:
- Rapid7 hosted several "Real-Time Roadshows" throughout North America, including shows in Chicago, Atlanta, and Toronto. These seminars provided CISOs and IT professionals with advanced security strategies and technical guidance for detecting and preventing corporate data breaches in their organizations. [97% of surveyed attendees said they would recommend the event to their peers].
- Project Sonar, the open community initiative dedicated to improving security through active analysis and research of public networks, continued to release significant findings to the public in Q3. One of the most prominent projects identified 65,000 systems that exposed traffic amplification vulnerabilities due to the Network Time Foundation's NTP software implementation. These vulnerabilities could be used in distributed reflected denial of service (DRDoS) attacks.
- Rapid7 released the open source Recog project. This project is a collaboration between the Rapid7 Labs and engineering teams, and provides an open source database of operating system and network service fingerprints. Recog is open to the community for collaboration and will continue to improve as public data sources are used to expand the fingerprint database. Rapid7 customers have already seen improved fingerprinting capabilities across the Threat Exposure Management solution and the open source Metasploit Framework as a result of these efforts.
Strategic Services Launch and Recruitment
In Q3, Rapid7 launched its Global Strategic Services Practice to help security executives and teams dramatically improve their effectiveness in addressing the cyber security challenges they face today and in the future.
- The new practice's first offering, Cyber Security Program Development, transforms organizations' security programs to be more relevant, actionable, and sustainable through threat-focused program assessment and development services. Recommendations are customized to address an organization's particular threats, risk appetite, and business goals.
- The Global Strategic Services Practice added Guillaume Ross as one of the team's senior security consultants (bio). Guillaume joins Rapid7 Strategic Services' other industry luminaries, Nicholas J. Percoco, Jay Radcliffe, and Maranda Cigna, who are among its talented leadership and staff.
Solutions Innovation and Advancements
In the third quarter of 2014, Rapid7 delivered new innovations across its security analytics platform, enhancing threat exposure management and incident detection and response while receiving industry recognition for its solutions' performance and growing market share.
Threat Exposure Management:
- Rapid7 Nexpose Ultimate, the first and only vulnerability management solution to combine assessment of vulnerabilities and controls, vulnerability validation, and prioritized remediation planning in a single solution, was introduced.
- Rapid7 Metasploit Pro now offers improved productivity for penetration testers who leverage credentials to compromise large networks by tracking credentials, including where they were gathered and which systems were compromised.
- Rapid7 ControlsInsight, for critical security controls monitoring, added support for Windows server controls and monitoring.
- Rapid7 was recognized as the second largest vulnerability assessment provider by IDC due to the company's expanding market share and competitive solutions.
Incident Detection and Response:
- Rapid7 UserInsight, the market-leading user behavior analytics and incident response solution, added new investigation capabilities, including its interactive incident timeline, which enables incident responders to reduce incident investigation time from days to minutes.
Partnerships with Industry Leaders
In addition to enhancing its own solutions portfolio, Rapid7 advanced the state of the art for detection of sophisticated attacks and insider threats by integrating its incident detection and response solution, UserInsight, with products of key industry leaders:
- FireEye: Rapid7 UserInsight adds user and account analysis to the FireEye® Threat Analytics Platform (TAP) ™ hosted incident response platform to augment the detection of advanced attacks and insider threats.
- HP ArcSight ESM: The combination of these two advanced technologies enables security operations professionals to detect, investigate, and respond to security threats targeting a company's users more quickly and effectively.
Global Engineering & Development Expansion
Rapid7 continued to expand its global engineering and development presence by officially opening its new office in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The development center will be responsible for designing, building, testing, and releasing software and cloud-based services, and will partner with other Rapid7 software teams based in North America. The new office will provide 75 job openings for Belfast residents and received support from local leaders, including an investment of £510,000 from Invest NI.
Rapid7 security analytics software and services reduce threat exposure and detect compromise for 3,000 organizations across 78 countries, including over 250 of the Fortune 1000. We understand the attacker better than anyone and build that insight into our solutions to improve risk management and stop threats faster. We offer advanced capabilities for vulnerability management, penetration testing, controls assessment, incident detection and investigation across your assets and users for virtual, mobile, private and public cloud networks. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.