Last updated at Fri, 03 Jun 2022 15:01:04 GMT
If you’re part of the huge growth in demand for cloud-based SIEM (Security Information and Event Management), claim your copy of the new Gartner® Report: “How to Deploy a SIEM Solution Successfully.”
Depending on what SIEM you choose, and how you approach the process, getting to operational and effective can take days, or months, or a lot longer.
Here are the Gartner report’s key findings:
- “Ineffective security information and event management (SIEM) deployments occur when requirements and use cases are not aligned with the organization’s risks and risk tolerance.”
- “Clients deploying SIEM solutions continue to take an unstructured approach when deciding which event and data sources to onboard, with the goal of getting every source in from the beginning. This leads to long and complex implementations, cost overruns, and higher probabilities of stalled or failed implementations.”
- “SIEM buyers struggle to choose between on-premises, cloud, or hybrid deployments due to the complexities created by the various environments that need to be monitored, e.g., on-premises, SaaS, cloud infrastructure and platform services (CIPS), remote workers.”
SIEM centralizes and visualizes your security data to help you identify anomalies in your environment. But nearly all SIEMs require you to do a ton of customizing and configuration. Nearly all disappoint with their detections. And nearly all will exhaust you with false-positive alerts… every hour of every day… until analysts start ignoring alerts, which will surely doom you someday.
Now, here’s what we think
Rapid7 began building InsightIDR nearly a decade ago. While the threat landscape keeps changing, our mission never has: to empower you to find and extinguish evil earlier, faster, easier.
InsightIDR has never been a traditional SIEM. You should consider it if:
Fast deployment is a priority to you. InsightIDR leads the SIEM market in deployment times. With SaaS delivery and a native cloud foundation, customers can be deployed and operational in days and weeks – not months and years.
Time-to-value and tangible ROI matter to your leadership team. InsightIDR combines the best of next-gen SIEM with native extended detection and response (XDR). Get highly correlated UEBA, EDR, NDR, and Cloud detections alongside your critical security logs and policy monitoring, compliance dashboards, and reporting in a single pane of glass.
Your team is tired of false positives. InsightIDR's expertly vetted detection library provides holistic threat coverage across your entire attack surface. An emphasis on high-fidelity, low-noise detections ensures that all alerts are relevant and ready for action.
You’re ready to accelerate your security posture. InsightIDR empowers teams to up-level their security and achieve sophisticated outcomes – without the complexity of traditional SIEMs. Embedded security orchestration and automation (SOAR) capabilities give you enviable security operations center (SOC) automation and enable even new analysts to respond like experts.
Don’t forget your copy of the new Gartner® Report: “How to Deploy a SIEM Solution Successfully.”
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner, How to Deploy a SIEM Solution Successfully, Andrew Davies, Mitchell Schneider, Toby Bussa, Kelly Kavanagh, 7 July 2021
- Are You in the 2.5% Who Meet This Cybersecurity Job Requirement?
- 3 Ways InsightIDR Users Are Achieving XDR Outcomes
- MDR Plus Threat Intel: 414 New Detections in 251 Days (You’re Welcome)
- What's New in InsightIDR: Q1 2022 in Review