In episode 24 of Security Nation we talk all things IoT—not just security, but the surprising industries of growth in the market, how large companies are literally restructuring themselves to win the IoT platform wars, and how breaches like CloudPet's this week serve as a red flag for both consumers and manufacturers. Join host Kyle Flaherty as he welcomes Charlotte O'Donnelly, a research associate at Blue Hill Research, to dive into her deep knowledge of the IoT market including:
- The $400B IoT platform wars happening today between behemoths like IBM and SAS
- Barriers to growth for IoT, including, not surprisingly, security!
- The effect on growth that IoT hacks/breaches have, and how they might actually help us get to better security
- The M&A activity that is spurring on innovation within IoT
- The 'creepiness' factor of IoT, especially when it comes to retail use cases
Security Nation is a podcast dedicated to covering all things infosec – from what’s making headlines to practical tips for organizations looking to improve their own security programs. Host Kyle Flaherty (@KyleFlaherty) has been knee–deep in the security sector for nearly two decades. At Rapid7 he leads a team of technical marketers with the mission of providing impactful content that helps security professionals do their jobs.