When you founded a security company nearly 20 years ago and have been in the industry for even longer, you have a LOT of stories. On this episode of Security Nation, Kyle sits down with Tas Giakouminakis, a founder of Rapid7, at the NASDAQ MarketSite studio in New York City to discuss some of those stories. The conversation ranges from starting a company focused on vulnerability assessment way back in 1998 to how we deal with things now, 20 years later. Throughout the conversation the two hit on:
- What has changed in 20 years is easy ... what hasn't is alarming.
- How research is the lifeblood of any security solution or platform.
- The importance of community within security, especially with Metasploit.
- What it is like to create a company that has grown and thrived through the growth of security.
- How to use the research available to anyone to take actions and minimize risks.
Security Nation is a podcast dedicated to covering all things infosec – from what’s making headlines to practical tips for organizations looking to improve their own security programs. Host Kyle Flaherty (@KyleFlaherty) has been knee–deep in the security sector for nearly two decades. At Rapid7 he leads a team of technical marketers with the mission of providing impactful content that helps security professionals do their jobs.