Project Manager - Information Security
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Are you the type who is willing to grab a
shovel and dig in to get things done? Do you love tracking little details but are also excited by delivering
on the big business outcomes? If you answered yes, then this may be the role for you!
Rapid7 is seeking an Information Security Project Manager that will be a critical element of our mission to
bridge the gap between effective strategy and execution. This role will be working with highly engaged
and capable teams to implement complex, cross-functional initiatives. They will come to the table with a
strong servant-leadership mindset and a well equipped toolkit of project management methodologies and
best practices. They are capable of focusing on outcomes and driving adaptive execution, and see risks
as an opportunity to securely advance.
An Information Security Project Manager at Rapid7 will be responsible for:
● Effective Project Management
○ Driving discovery, requirements gathering, and solutioning for security related projects.
○ Developing clear and actionable project plans and schedules.
○ Carefully documenting and managing project milestones, deliverables, deadlines, and
○ Ensuring that project risks are raised early and often, and leading discussions around
○ Owning critical communication and resolution for issues that introduce risk or critical path
● Simplify and Streamline the Project Delivery Process
○ Facilitating well documented change management where necessary.
○ Strengthen our Security PMO by facilitating the adoption of common project artifacts,
processes, communications protocols, and tooling.
● Project Decision Support and Strategy
○ Bridging project objectives to our broader department strategy.
○ Proactively maintaining project roadmap, dependencies, risks, and OKRs.
○ Collaborating with our Security PMO to ensure that projects are prioritized accurately and
resource allocation is up to date.
● Bachelor's degree
● 1 - 2 years of project management experience
● Ability to manage multiple projects with cross functional stakeholders
● Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into business
● Basic knowledge of specific project management methodologies such as Scrum and Agile
● Demonstrated understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies
● Exceptional communication skills and experience with facilitating cross functional collaboration
● Strong aptitude for developing partnerships across functional areas
● Fluency with a standard suite of project management tools, particularly Jira and Confluence
● PMP Certification
● Advanced Jira and Confluence capabilities
● Experience working with teams on technical projects
Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Rapid7, we fundamentally believe that every person deserves an equal opportunity to build an exceptional career! We embrace our similarities, celebrate our differences and strongly believe that EVERYONE has the right to be treated with respect and dignity. We have a ZERO tolerance policy for discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. More importantly though, we just fundamentally believe it's the right way to build a business and healthy community. We pride ourselves on our unique culture and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion--it is the stitch that holds the fabric of our culture together!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.