About our team
Rapid7's Product Marketing team is responsible for leading go-to-market (GTM) strategy and execution for our portfolio of products and services. Reporting directly to the Director of Product Marketing, this role will oversee the Incident Detection and Response business, specifically the InsightIDR solution. The Senior Product Marketing Manager serves as the strategic business owner and works in tandem with another Product Marketing Manager to drive the business, support internal GTM teams, and serve as the market expert for InsightIDR.
Critical capabilities of this role include market analysis, creation of market segmentation, formulation of value drivers, and funnel analysis. This role requires a leader who can build relationships, inspire others, and partner cross-functionally across Sales, Product, Marketing, Operations, Finance, IT, Customer Success, and Support teams to develop ongoing initiatives for driving revenue, customer acquisition and adoption.
● Know our customers, their pain points and their success stories. Drive customer fluency throughout the organization.
● Perform ongoing market analysis and market segmentation to align product/market fit for InsightIDR.
● Thoroughly understand and stay abreast of the customer and competitive landscape and industry news to best influence our marketing strategy.
● Define value drivers tied to our customers' business outcomes that are meaningful, relevant, and actionable.
● Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to measure and monitor the overall health of the business, including funnel analysis.
● Work with teams across the organization to research, plan and implement go-to-market tactics that drive demand, customer adoption & success, and revenue.
● Lead and take accountability for business results.
● Be an evangelist and spokesperson for InsightIDR, communicating and educating internal and external stakeholders (customers, channel partners, press, industry analysts).
● Represent the go-to-market point of view in product strategy discussions.
● 5+ years product marketing experience, with an emphasis on market strategy rather than content creation.
● Marketing experience within SaaS or cloud based technology, security, or data analytics is preferred.
● Proven background in owning customer research, market analysis and segmentation.
● Experienced in leveraging data-driven analysis to form and test market hypotheses.
● Ability to translate technical concepts into business value for internal and external stakeholders.
● Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once, with multiple stakeholders.
● Collaborative and team-oriented, with an ability to build strong working relationships across levels, departments, and geographically dispersed office locations.
● Available for occasional travel to regional offices, industry conferences and events.
About Rapid7 Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is a team of highly motivated individuals dedicated to making the world a safer place through innovative cybersecurity solutions. With over 7,200 customers (including half of the Fortune 100) across 120 countries, Rapid7 aims to give Security, IT, and Development teams the tools needed to dramatically improve their security operations. Consistently named one of the best places to work by the Boston Business Journal, Rapid7 views its people as its most important asset and invests heavily in employee career development and company culture.