In today's post Iwill briefly outline the levels associated with PCI, and more
specifically themerchant levels.
What is a level?
“Level” is a classification of organizations accepting and processing credit
cards. They are defined and used by the payment brands to indicate what
compliance validation procedures and reporting requirements targeted entities
are expected to complete.
There is no consensus in this area between payment brands (this would be too
easy ) so there are as many levels de
Today I want to take a look at the Assessor newsletter issued by the PCI Council
on May 11th.
There's nothing new on the ASV iceberg in this newsletter; just two gentle
1. Submit a signed copy of the ASV Compliance Agreement from the Validation
Requirements for Approved Scanning Vendors v2.0.
2. Qualify two staff through ASV Training by June 15, 2011 for companies having
revalidated their ASV status prior June. All other ASV companies need to do
so prior to thei
In this newsletter we will distribute the roles for the PCI play.
And the winners are:
Regulators (scriptwriters and directors)
They are writing the scenarios and directing the play.
The PCI council whose main responsibilities are:
* Maintain the standards and supporting documentation
* Qualify assessors and perform quality assurance checks of their work
* Maintain a list of validated payment applications and approved PIN
transaction security devices
* Educate the community