Apache Tomcat: Important: Remote Code Execution (CVE-2017-12617)
|7||(AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:P/I:P/A:P)||October 02, 2017||October 02, 2017||October 23, 2017|
When running Apache Tomcat versions 9.0.0.M1 to 9.0.0, 8.5.0 to 8.5.22, 8.0.0.RC1 to 8.0.46 and 7.0.0 to 7.0.81 with HTTP PUTs enabled (e.g. via setting the readonly initialisation parameter of the Default servlet to false) it was possible to upload a JSP file to the server via a specially crafted request. This JSP could then be requested and any code it contained would be executed by the server.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
- Red Hat: CVE-2017-12617: Important: tomcat security update ((Multiple Advisories))
- FreeBSD: VID-C0DAE634-4820-4505-850D-B1C975D0F67D (CVE-2017-12617): tomcat -- Remote Code Execution
- CentOS: (CVE-2017-12617) (Multiple Advisories): tomcat
- Oracle Linux: CVE-2017-12617: ELSA-2017-3081 - tomcat security update
- Amazon Linux AMI: CVE-2017-12617: Security patch for tomcat8,tomcat80,tomcat7 (ALAS-2017-913)