Jenkins Advisory 2017-11-08: CVE-2017-1000392: Persisted XSS vulnerability in autocompletion suggestions
|4||(AV:L/AC:M/Au:N/C:P/I:P/A:P)||November 19, 2017||November 19, 2017||November 19, 2017|
Autocompletion suggestions for text fields were not escaped, resulting in a persisted cross-site scripting vulnerability if the source for the suggestions allowed specifying text that includes HTML metacharacters like less-than and greater-than characters.Known previously unsafe sources for these suggestions include the names of loggers in the log recorder condition, and agent labels.Autocompletion suggestions are now escaped and can no longer contain HTML-based formatting.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
- Jenkins Advisory 2017-10-11: CVE-2017-1000396: CVE-2012-6153: Jenkins core bundled vulnerable version of the commons-httpclient library
- Jenkins Advisory 2017-11-08: CVE-2017-1000391: Unsafe use of user names as directory names
- Jenkins Advisory 2017-10-11: CVE-2017-1000393: Arbitrary shell command execution on master by users with Agent-related permissions
- Jenkins Advisory 2017-10-11: CVE-2017-1000398: "Computer" remote API disclosed information about inaccessible jobs
- Jenkins Advisory 2017-10-11: CVE-2017-1000395: "User" remote API disclosed users' email addresses
- Jenkins Advisory 2017-10-11: CVE-2017-1000399: "Queue Item" remote API disclosed information about inaccessible jobs
- Jenkins Advisory 2017-10-11: CVE-2017-1000394: CVE-2016-3092: Jenkins core bundled vulnerable version of the commons-fileupload library