Is URGENT/11 urgent to your world? Metasploit now has a scanner module to help find the systems that need
URGENT attention. Be sure
to check the
options on this one;
RPORTS is a list to test multiple services on each target. Thanks Ben Seri for the PoC that lead off this work.
Sparking joy for many long time users, Spencer McIntyre brings custom meterpreter prompts to the masses. This is
a powerful context add for users that juggle multiple sessions at a time by adding at a glance recognition and verification of where a command is
A penny for your thoughts...
We've got a fantastic new docs writer on-board, helping us to improve and expand Metasploit documentation. Which areas of Framework could be better documented? Which areas lack explanations and/or examples? Let us know here!
New modules (8)
- Linux Polkit pkexec helper PTRACE_TRACEME local root exploit by Jann Horn, @bcoles, and @timwr, which exploits CVE-2019-13272
- Xorg X11 Server SUID modulepath Privilege Escalation by Aaron Ringo and Narendra Shinde, which exploits CVE-2018-14665
- Solaris xscreensaver log Privilege Escalation by Marco Ivaldi and @bcoles, which exploits CVE-2019-3010
- Microsoft Exchange Privilege Escalation Exploit by Petros Koutroumpis and _dirkjan, which exploits CVE-2019-0724
- ThinVNC Directory Traversal by WarMarX, @bcoles, and jinxbox, which exploits CVE-2019-17662
- URGENT/11 Scanner, Based on Detection Tool by Armis by wvu, Ben Seri, and Brent Cook, which exploits CVE-2019-12258
- Multi Gather Grub Password Collection by Taeber Rapczak
Enhancements and features
- Custom Meterpreter prompts by Spencer McIntyre, allows custom configuration of your prompt on Meterpreter sessions similar to what console will allow.
updates & adds,
by @nsa & @h00die improve documentation for
- Futex updates by @h00die, provides
improved checks, targeting, & documentaion
As always, you can update to the latest Metasploit Framework with
and you can get more details on the changes since the last blog post from
We recently announced the release of Metasploit 5. You can get it by cloning
the Metasploit Framework repo (master branch). To install fresh without using git,
you can use the open-source-only Nightly Installers or the binary installers
(which also include the commercial editions).