RHSA-2014:1098: devtoolset-2-httpcomponents-client security update
|4||(AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:N/I:P/A:N)||August 25, 2014||August 28, 2014||July 03, 2017|
Updated devtoolset-2-httpcomponents-client packages that fix one security issue are now available for Red Hat Developer Toolset 2. Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having Important security impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the CVE link in the References section.
HttpClient is an HTTP/1.1 compliant HTTP agent implementation based on httpcomponents HttpCore. It was discovered that the HttpClient incorrectly extracted host name from an X.509 certificate subject's Common Name (CN) field. A man-in-the-middle attacker could use this flaw to spoof an SSL server using a specially crafted X.509 certificate. (CVE-2012-6153) This issue was discovered by Florian Weimer of Red Hat Product Security. For additional information on this flaw, refer to the Knowledgebase article in the References section. All devtoolset-2-httpcomponents-client users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which contain a backported patch to correct this issue.
Free Nexpose Download
Discover, prioritize, and remediate security risks today!
- Jenkins Advisory 2017-10-11: CVE-2017-1000396: CVE-2012-6153: Jenkins core bundled vulnerable version of the commons-httpclient library
- RHSA-2014:1321: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5.2.0 security update
- Vulnerabilities deemed not relevant on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Vulnerabilities deemed not relevant on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- RHSA-2014:1834: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5.2.0 security update
- RHSA-2014:1162: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.3.0 security update
- RHSA-2014:1833: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Web Platform 5.2.0 security update
- USN-2769-1: Apache Commons HttpClient vulnerabilities
- RHSA-2014:1320: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Web Platform 5.2.0 security update
- Jenkins Advisory 2017-10-11: CVE-2012-6153: Jenkins core bundled vulnerable version of the commons-httpclient library
- RHSA-2015:0158: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager 3.5.0
- Amazon Linux AMI: Security patch for jakarta-commons-httpclient (ALAS-2014-410) (multiple CVEs)
- Vulnerabilities deemed not relevant on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- RHSA-2014:2019: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.3.2 security update