SUSE: CVE-2014-0178: SUSE Linux Security Advisory
|4||(AV:N/AC:M/Au:S/C:P/I:N/A:N)||May 28, 2014||December 18, 2015||May 20, 2018|
Samba 3.6.6 through 3.6.23, 4.0.x before 4.0.18, and 4.1.x before 4.1.8, when a certain vfs shadow copy configuration is enabled, does not properly initialize the SRV_SNAPSHOT_ARRAY response field, which allows remote authenticated users to obtain potentially sensitive information from process memory via a (1) FSCTL_GET_SHADOW_COPY_DATA or (2) FSCTL_SRV_ENUMERATE_SNAPSHOTS request.
Scan For This Vulnerability
Use our top-rated tool to discover, prioritize, and remediate your vulnerabilities
- Gentoo Linux: CVE-2014-0178: Samba: Multiple vulnerabilities
- Oracle Solaris 11: CVE-2014-0178: Vulnerability in Samba
- Sun Patch: SunOS 5.10_x86: Samba patch
- Sun Patch: SunOS 5.10: Samba patch
- Samba CVE-2014-0178: Uninitialized memory exposure, Potential DOS in Samba internal DNS server.
- Alpine Linux: CVE-2014-0178: samba remote information leak and DoS