Last updated at Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:30:32 GMT
Author: Jeremy Druin
Video Release Announcements: Twitter @webpwnized
Title: Installing Kali Linux on Virtual Box with Nessus and Metasploit
Link: Installing Kali Linux on Virtual Box with Nessus and Metasploit - YouTube
This video is from the April 2013 workshop of the KY ISSA covering the installation of Kali Linux 1.01 on Virtual Box . Please see notes below the video.
- Kali version 1.01 64-bit was used in making the video but the latest version can be downloaded from Downloads | Kali Linux .
- Documentation on installing and using Kali is available at Kali Linux Official Documentation | Kali Linux
- The Kali guest virtual machine is configured with 2 GB RAM, 128 GB hard disk drive, and 128 MB of video memory
- A written tutorial on installing the Virtual Box guest additions can be found at Kali Linux Virtual Box guest | Kali Linux Official Documentation . The command to install packages supporting Virtual Box guest additions used in the video is apt-get update && apt-get install -y linux-headers-$(uname -r) dkms. This includes the installation of the dynamic kernel module support (dkms) packge. This is needed on some systems to compile the Virtual Box guest addition drivers.
- The version of Nessus used in the demo is Debian 6.0 (64 bits): Nessus-5.0.3-debian6_amd64.deb from the Nessus website