Last updated at Fri, 10 Jun 2022 18:07:05 GMT
A Confluence of High-Profile Modules
This release features modules covering the Confluence remote code execution bug CVE-2022-26134 and the hotly-debated CVE-2022-30190, a file format vulnerability in the Windows Operating System accessible through malicious documents. Both have been all over the news, and we’re very happy to bring them to you so that you can verify mitigations and patches in your infrastructure. If you’d like to read more about these vulnerabilities, Rapid7 has AttackerKB analyses and blogs covering both Confluence CVE-2022-26134 (AttackerKB, Rapid7 Blog)and Windows CVE-2022-30190 (AttackKB, Rapid7 Blog).
While we release new content weekly (or in real-time if you are using github), we track milestones as well. This week, we released Metasploit 6.2, and it has a whole host of new functionality, exploits, and fixes
New module content (2)
- Atlassian Confluence Namespace OGNL Injection by Spencer McIntyre, Unknown, bturner-r7, and jbaines-r7, which exploits CVE-2022-26134 - This module exploits an OGNL injection in Atlassian Confluence servers (CVE-2022-26134). A specially crafted URI can be used to evaluate an OGNL expression resulting in OS command execution.
- Microsoft Office Word MSDTJS by mekhalleh (RAMELLA Sébastien) and nao sec, which exploits CVE-2022-30190 - This PR adds a module supporting CVE-2022-30190 (AKA Follina), a Windows file format vulnerability.
Enhancements and features (2)
- #16651 from red0xff - The
test_vulnerablemethods in the various SQL injection libraries have been updated so that they will now use the specified encoder if one is specified, ensuring that characters are appropriately encoded as needed.
- #16661 from dismantl - The impersonate_ssl module has been enhanced to allow it to add Subject Alternative Names (SAN) fields to the generated SSL certificate.
Bugs fixed (4)
- #16615 from NikitaKovaljov - A bug has been fixed in the IPv6 library when creating solicited-multicast addresses by finding leading zeros in last 16 bits of link-local address and removing them.
- #16630 from zeroSteiner - The
auxiliary/server/capture/smbmodule no longer stores duplicate Net-NTLM hashes in the database.
- #16643 from ojasookert - The
exploits/multi/http/php_fpm_rcemodule has been updated to be compatible with Ruby 3.0 changes.
- #16653 from adfoster-r7 - :
This PR fixes an issue where named pipe pivots failed to establish the named pipes in intermediate connections.
As always, you can update to the latest Metasploit Framework with
and you can get more details on the changes since the last blog post from
If you are a
git user, you can clone the Metasploit Framework repo (master branch) for the latest.
To install fresh without using git, you can use the open-source-only Nightly Installers or the
binary installers (which also include the commercial edition).