Your workflow just got easier
Are you tired of copy/pasting module names from the
search results before you can
use them? Thanks to this enhancement (PR #11652) by Brent Cook, you can now run
search with the
-u flag to automatically use a module if there is only one result. Now you're one step closer to popping a shell!
A pair of new JSO modules
Metasploit published research a few weeks ago on Java Serialized Object exploitation. This week, we landed two of the modules mentioned in that report—PRs #11134 and #11136, both by Andrés Rodríguez. These two modules both exploit vulnerabilities in Oracle Weblogic Server that can lead to unauthenticated remote code execution.
New modules (5)
- Cisco RV320 and RV325 Unauthenticated Remote Code Execution by Benjamin Grap, Philip Huppert, and RedTeam Pentesting GmbH, which exploits CVE-2019-1652
- Oracle Weblogic Server Deserialization RCE - MarshalledObject by Aaron Soto, Andres Rodriguez, and Jacob Baines, which exploits CVE-2016-3510
- Oracle Weblogic Server Deserialization RCE - RMI UnicastRef by Aaron Soto, Andres Rodriguez, and Jacob Baines, which exploits CVE-2017-3248
- ES File Explorer Open Port by fs0c131y, h00die, moonbocal, and 小荷才露尖尖角, which exploits CVE-2019-6447
- CAN Flood by Pietro Biondi
Enhancements and features
- PR #11635 by Pearce Barry enhances
msftidyto check for a missing
Authorsfield in exploit, auxiliary, and post modules.
- PR #11579 by Matteo Malvica adds expanded support and documentation for newer versions of Splunk to the
- PR #11636 by bcoles fixes the version detection in the
exploit/multi/postgres/postgres_createlangmodule, which adds stability to its
As always, you can update to the latest Metasploit Framework with
msfupdate and you can get more details on the changes since the last blog post from GitHub:
We recently announced the release of Metasploit 5. You can get it by cloning the Metasploit Framework repo (master branch). To install fresh without using git, you can use the open-source-only Nightly Installers or the binary installers, which also include the commercial editions).